Thursday, January 10, 2013

Covergirl Crush:Beyoncé Knowles-Carter GQ 2013




You may or may not know that I absolutely adore Beyoncé . I was more than ecstatic to find out she will be performing at The Mercedes - Benz Superdome for the 2013 Superbowl and quite frankly, I haven't been this thrilled about the Superbowl since the New Orleans Saints won in 2010 (something about New Orleans and the Superbowl creates perfect harmony). Thematic to her upcoming performance, Beyonce posed in a 6 page spread for GQ magazine's February 2013 issue. In the article titled "Miss Millennium", Amy Wallace, GQ Corespondent, refers to the mega starlet and her iconic stature as "a melding of the as the aspirational and the unattainable", and I could not agree more. A feat in its own, Beyoncé  is one of the few Hollywood superstars who could pose on the cover of men's magazine in $490 Agent Provocateur panties and still be deemed classy. She has everything one could desire and her successful career, ideal image and trailblazing relationship as wife of Jay-Z,  make her the focus of both envious females' distaste and  super fans admiration. With a HBO documentary in development and a world tour underway (which I will be in attendance) for her up and coming 5th solo album, Beyonce continues to grow her career as a strong, talented and independent artist. Her interview closed with her thoughts on her success, "I know that, yes, I am powerful. I am more powerful than my mind can even digest & understand". With an independent mind and a body to kill for, as a woman, I would argue we would all love to be as powerful as Beyoncé 

Read the GQ article and see the rest of the spread here.




Never miss a Fancied moment! Follow me @fancied_fashion, like my Facebook page & seek inspiration on Tumblr :)

<3 Ni



No comments:

Post a Comment